Bahamas Bareboat Charter
Bahamas Sailboat charter in Exumas and Eleuthera
from one of our three bases in Nassau, Georgetown and Staniel Cay
Bahamas sailboat and catamaran rental (as bareboat, all-inclusive or crewed)
Treat yourself. Become the captain of a sailboat and set off to explore these magnificent sailing grounds. If you are not yet licensed, we can assist by offering you the services of one of our certified captain. Or choose to let yourself be pampered and guided by our expert crew; opt for a spectacular 5-star all-inclusive sailing vacation.
The Exumas islands is most certainly a favourite destination amongst sailors, and rightly so. But you can also choose to explore the Abacos, Eleuthera, Cat Island or more remote destinations such as San Salvador or the famous Crooked Island. Set sail from our main base in Nassau or from one of our satellite bases in Staniel Cay or Georgetown. Your options are endless.
Our new base in Nassau.
Where the fun begins
Navtours proudly announces the inauguration of our new base located at the Palm Cay luxury condos and marina property. It’s so much more than just a point of departure for your sailing adventure. The fun and indulgence starts as soon as you arrive; white sandy beaches, turquoise seas. Relax in the luxuriously appointed outdooring areas… Beauty, luxury, serenity…
Our new luxury base at Palm Cay is located a meer 35 minutes south-east from the Lyndon-Pindling Airport (NAS) and away from the noise, hustle and bustle of the congested Nassau city center. No more bridges and marine traffic when you leave or arrive back at the marina. You will no longer have to tackle the heavy currents or the Seadoos and tourist boats when trying reach or leave from your dock. Best of all, you will now be directly in line with the Exumas and only 25 nautical miles away from the start of this beautiful chain of islands
And you still wish to visit Nassau center and Paradise Island? The excitement is an easy 20 minutes’ cab-ride away.
More than just a point of departure
for your sailing adventure.
ActiveCaptain has just recognized Palm Cay as the “best marina in the Bahamas”. It offers all the services of a 5-star luxury marina:
• Hurricane-hole offering 360-degree protection
• Full service dock: diesel, gas, water, ice, holding tank pump-out
• On-site grocery/convenience store
• Coffee shop/Deli (Starbucks)
• Restaurant with ocean views
• Free WIFI
• Shower and washroom facilities accessible 24/7
• Laser and Optimist sailboats available at no charge
• Kayak and Stand-up Paddleboard available at no charge
• 10 bicycles offered by Navtours at no charge (use on site)
• Free golf-cart shuttle service available during the day
• Ocean front pool
• White sandy beaches appointed with luxurious outdoor furniture
• Children’s playground
• Tennis court – Free. Reservation needed
• Ocean front massage services – Reservation needed
• Multiple pharmacies, groceries and liquor stores only 5 minutes away by taxi
Check it out! You may very well decide to extend your stay at this beautiful resort. Either stay on one of our sailboats or rent one of the Navtours condos available at Palm Cay. Visit their website at www.PalmCay.com
« Custom-fit » cruising
Do you want to rent a sailboat with our without a captain? Do you prefer our all-inclusive formula? Do you like sailing in a flotilla or do you want the services of an instructor so you can obtain a certification from the Canadian Yachting Association (CYA) or the American Sailing Association (ASA)? Navtours can offer it all to you.
Discover the splendour of the Bahamas at the helm of your own boat while sailing in a flotilla. This affords you the independence you want while providing you with the added safety of sailing with a flagship to guide you, provide you with valuable information regarding the area and support you as needed. Flotillas in the Bahamas are organized once or twice a year. Contact us for details on our next flotilla.
If you wish to explore more of the Exumas chain, you can sail from anyone of our bases:
- Round trip from Nassau to the Exumas, Eleuthera or any other point in the Bahamas.
- One-way trip from Nassau to Staniel Cay or Georgetown
- One-way trip from Staniel Cay or Georgetown to Nassau
A typical one-week round-trip itinerary departing from Nassau
- Arriving in Nassau in the afternoon
- A 25 minutes taxi ride from the airport will bring you to the marina
- Navtours team will welcome you and show you your boat
- The grocery store is a 15 minutes walk from the East Bay Marina in Nassau
- Diner on board and take time to relax and enjoy your first night in Bahamas
- Around 8:30 am: A short meeting with a Navtours captain that will give you information for your
navigation to get to the Exumas islands.
- You leave the marina around 9:30 am for a 6h sail that will bring you to Highborn cay in mid
- Take time to swim and go walk on the beautiful desert beach in front of the anchorage
- Snorkeling and spear fishing with Hawaiian sling on a beautiful reef
- Visit the island and it nice marina where you can observe sharks
- A 4h sail will bring you to Wardewrick Well which is the headquarter of the Exumas protected park.
A lot of activities you can do:
- Visit the interpretation center of the Island
- Snorkeling on one of the super protected reef of the Park
- Hiking on one of the many trails of the Island
- visit the ruins of a loyalist plantation
- Swim and relax on one of the 30 desert white sand beaches of the island
- A 3h sail will bring you to Shroud Cay
- Explore the mangrove river in dinghy and discover one of the nicest beach of the Caribbean
:- A 1h sail will bring you to Normans Cay:
- Activities you can do:
- Snorkel on a sink airplane
- Visit the ruins of the resort of Carlos the drug dealer (learn more in the movie Blow)
- Relax on one of the beautiful beaches of the island
- Spear fishing for lobster on the East side of the island
- Diner at the Mac Duff a nice restaurant with a unique ambiance on that almost desert island
- Leaving around 9 am for a 6h sail to Nassau
- Late afternoon is the happy hour time
- We dress well to go visit Paradise Island; Se the aquariums, shopping, visit the hotel Atlantis and diner at one of the nice restaurant of the resort
- We pack everything and check-out the boat before 10 am
This itinerary is only to give you an idea of a week in Exumas with Navtours. The weather and your desire to see other things might change the Island you will see.
Bahamas Sailboat Charter Rental